Tuesday, May 18, 2010

thinking I'll get back into this...

Well. It has certainly been a busy 2010 so far.
I finished my first year of university. While I wasn't too pleased with my chemistry mark, I had so much fun. I really enjoy how free university is. Still not very good at making friends, but I've never needed that many to begin with. I'm so thankful I had Rachel in so many of my classes or I would probably not have talked to anyone...
Our family life hit an ultimate low this April with the passing of my grandma. It's been really hard on my mom, but we've always been a close little family and we're pulling through alright.
Me and my momma have been going places together this year a lot, and we've made lots of great memories. First was our trip to Ottawa in february, then we went to Minneapolis to see BON JOVI!!!! Which was absolutely amazing. I managed to out last her in the Mall of America. In June we are going to see the Eagles together because she won some tickets and I demanded that I get to go. Then we are going to see Bon Jovi again, cuz we're groupies.
Now that it's summer and I haven't started working yet, my life is basically just sitting around doing nothing. Me, Mike, Sam and Greg started up a poker night every saturday, which is a nice twist on our usual sitting around playing videogames thing. I love cards.
I started reading the Children of Hurin, realizing that I hadn't read any Tolkien in a while and I really really missed it. So far its exceeded my expectations for it being a bit of a dumbed down version of the Silmarillion.
Thats pretty much all thats up in my life at the moment, but I'll be a bit more frequent in my posts now. THE END

No comments: